Pretzel-coated chicken ingredients
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups hot water
- 3 tbsp salt (or 4 tbsp kosher salt)
- 2-3 cups pretzels
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder
Pretzel-coated chicken directions
- Cut each chicken breast into 3-4 pieces of equal thickness.
- In a large bowl, stir salt into hot water.
- Add chicken pieces to salt water and place in fridge for a few hours.
- About 30-40 minutes before mealtime, preheat oven to 425°F.
- Prepare sheet pan with cooking spray or foil.
- Remove chicken from salt water, rinse and pat dry with paper towels, then place on plate.
- Using a food processor, break down pretzels to make crumbs and pour into bowl.
- Stir seasonings (to taste) into bowl of pretzel crumbs.
- Mix mayo and ranch dressing in a separate bowl until well combined.
- Coat chicken pieces with mayo/ranch, then coat with pretzel crumbs, then place on sheet pan.
- Cook chicken for 15-20 minutes at 425°F. (Note: Safe cooking temp for chicken is 165 ºF. Use meat thermometer inserted into thickest piece of chicken to check if it's done.)
Honey mustard ingredients
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 heaping tablespoon yellow mustard
Honey mustard directions
- Add ingredients to bowl or cup and whisk until well-combined. (May need to pop honey in microwave first to liquify.)
- Use honey mustard as dipping sauce for pretzel-coated chicken.